For most people, the summer time is the most popular time of the year to plan a move. Kids are out of school and schedules are a bit easier to handle. But is it the best time? If you have some flexibility in selecting your moving dates, there are several advantages to the fall season that can actually make it the most ideal time of year to move.
Here are a few of the benefits to moving in the fall:
1. Fall can be a more cost-effective time of year to move. During summer, moving companies are in peak demand. Demand for moving services begins to decline after the summer moving season tapers off in September, and you’ll find it easier to secure moving services at a reasonable rate.
2. Relocating in the fall means the busy season is over. You’ll find that you have more flexibility in choosing available dates and times for your move due to a decrease in relocations and schedules that aren’t as full.
3. While American Moving and Storage’s professional moving crews are conditioned for any season, moving in the summer heat is harder on everyone. Fall’s cooler temperatures make for much more pleasant moving conditions.
4. If you have kids, the primary downside to moving during the fall is missing the start of the new school year. Plan ahead to make this transition as easy as possible for them. Talk to your children about the move so you can answer any questions and soothe any worries. Find more helpful tips here: Help Kids Adjust to a School Year Move
5. While fall foliage may make your moving day a beautiful one, leaves on the ground can be a safety hazard. Make sure to clear fallen leaves off the lawn and walkways. A slip and fall could result in damage to your possessions or, worse, injury to you or your movers.
Choose American Moving and Storage for your Move
Whether you need to move your home or business across town or across the country, American Moving and Storage’s team of qualified professionals are here to provide you with affordable relocation solutions and storage options that meet your specific needs. Find out how we can we help you. Call us today at 912-401-0362.