When it comes to moving, many of us will scrupulously plan a move for months in advance. Clearing out, tidying, creating checklists, packing and the various other steps involved in moving are all part of the experience on the run up to the day of move.
American Moving and Storage, we can help you with each of these steps from the first steps of planning through to the actual day of the move. We advise creating a checklist of all the important things you need to do before the day of the move, such as:
- Set a date for your move, so you have a goal. Read more: A Good Timeline for Planning Your Move
- Conduct an inventory of your household items. You may want to discard any old items or ratty furniture that can be upgraded when you reach your destination.
- Store all important documentation safely, such as passports, birth certificates, insurance paperwork, etc. Read more: Moving? Documents to Pack VS. Documents to Have on Hand
- Set up your utilities such as gas, heating and even TV subscriptions – can you move these accounts to your new address, or will you need to cancel?
- Defrost the refrigerator and freezer one week to five days before your moving day, so it’s ready to be moved. Read more: FAQ: Do My Appliances Need Special Attention Prior To Moving?
Enlist the help of American Moving and Storage
- We can help you with a residential or commercial move.
- We provide local and long distance moving services .
- Do you have items that are too big or are not needed right away? We offer climate controlled and secured modern warehousing for temporary and/or long term storage.
American Moving and Storage’s team of qualified professionals are here to provide you with affordable relocation solutions and storage options that meet your specific needs. Find out how we can we help you. Call us today at 912-401-0362.