Are your appliances coming with you to your new home? You can count on American Moving & Storage to provide safe transport of all your appliances from your point of origin to your destination. However, keep in mind that it is the owner’s responsibility to see that appliances are serviced and prepared for shipment before they are loaded on the van.
Most refrigerators, washers, dryers and other electrical or mechanical appliances often require special servicing to prepare them for a safe move. Here are a few tips to help you prepare:
- Disconnect all appliances from electrical and water sources. Gas stoves or gas clothes dryers, should only be disconnected by qualified service technicians.
- Thoroughly clean and wash all of your major appliances to remove the build-up of harmful dirt, mildew, and mold.
- After cleaning, leave appliance doors open and let them air dry for at least 24 hours.
- Drain any water hoses and valves.
- Tape appliance doors and lids shut to prevent them from swinging open and getting damaged.
- Any moving parts such as motors on major appliances, washer drums, and ice makers should be securely fastened for shipment.
- Be sure that all of the cords for your major appliances are neatly tied using twist ties, and securely taped to the back of the appliances.
- Any loose components from your appliances, like oven racks, refrigerator bins, etc., should be removed from the appliance and placed in boxes.
Whether you need to move your home or business across town or across the country, American Moving and Storage’s team of qualified professionals are here to provide you with affordable relocation solutions that meet your specific needs.
Find out how we can we help you. Contact us at 912-401-0362 to learn more about our professional packing, crating, moving, and storage services or get a free quote here . Let us help take the stress out of your move!